Dynamp 0.51 option i can't apply properly Thread last updated on 2006-04-10 13:01:51

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-04-09 17:57:39

I've been scouring tutes but they mostly seem to be about making your own modules etc and not about litestep commands and syntax etc. This is gonna seem very noobish but after trying to figure it out for myself i really need to ask. Please don't beat me up over it.

i'm trying to set one of these options in dynamp...

DynAmpWinampStartNormal
DynAmpStartNormal

...to true so that winamp doesn't minimise when it is loaded. It says that these options can only be used with dynamp bang commands. If i want to use this when i power winamp on, then i should use it with something like !Amp_Power. True?

there is a command in the themes setup which is attached to a label...

PowerOnLeftClick !Execute [!IfEq Sound "1" !Playsound $SoundDir$menu_click.mp3][!amp_power]

I know that the sound part is just for playing a sound when you hit the button. I've tried using both of the StartNormal commands above in different ways so that when the !amp_power bang command is used, it will also apply the StartNormal option but i can't get it to work. If i had an example of the syntax and usage i could do it myself but i can't find one.

Could someone please advise how i should use this and possibly give an example so i can learn this.

Cheers

Posted by member 1 on 2006-04-09 18:03:39 link

Dumb question but do you have a NLM line for DynAmp? There are other modules that provide !amp_power, among other commands. Other than that you just put those two lines in your theme.rc and yer done. *shrug*

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-04-09 18:25:09 link

i didn't realise it would simply be a case of putting this in the theme.rc file. i do have an NLM for dynamp. all the dynamp stuff works fine but i can't get this working.

tried these diff attempts in theme.rc

*DynAmpStartNormal true
*DynAmpStartNormal
DynAmpStartNormal
DynAmpStartNormal true
*DynAmpStartNormal = true
DynAmpStartNormal = true

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-04-09 18:31:30 link

actually, the NLM for dynamp is in another file called skinbase.rc

i just tried all of those options in there too (after the NLM) with no success. Also tried the DynAmpWinampStartNormal command as well.

I know this is just a small thing but i like getting things exactly as i want them. Cheers for your help Devil but you dont need to waste any more time on this if you don't want to.

Cheers

Posted by member 1 on 2006-04-09 18:58:32 link

Lines 3 and 4 are valid where the rest will be ignored. Are you sure that your settings are supported by your version of Dynamp?

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-04-09 19:00:14 link

yeah, i'm looking at the doc file for the version i am using. here is what it says

DynAmpWinampStartNormal
Default = false
On opening, the player will remain on screen. If this is not set, the
player defaults to minimizing when run. (This works only with DynAmp bang
commands, not running the player through any other method.)

DynAmpStartNormal
Default = false
If this is not set, DynAmp defaults to minimize the player when run.
(This works only with DynAmp bang commands, not running the player through any other method)

Posted by member 1 on 2006-04-09 22:27:57 link

ok...then both of them need the TRUE after it. I hate module configs like that.

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-09 22:30:13 link

Have you tried this particular version (wasn't totally clear from posts above)?

DynAmpWinampStartNormal true

Could there be somewhere else in your included files where that setting is being set to "false" before your desired setting is read in? First occurrence of a setting or evar has precedence with current LS builds. You could confirm the existence of the desired setting by typing this at an lsxcommand prompt:

!alert $DynAmpWinampStartNormal$

If it shows up as "true", but winamp still starts minimized, then I think you've found a bug in dynamp.

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-04-10 13:01:51 link

took out my attempts at setting those 2 options and tried what you suggested Boreas. It said neither of the options were set.

i then put both of these lines in the themes .rc file...

DynAmpStartNormal true
DynAmpWinampStartNormal true

...then i tried what you suggested again Boreas and it said that both were set to true yet winamp still opens minimised. So i think you are right, it must be a bug in dynamp 0.51. Not sure if that was the case with the last version or not (0.50) but it is certainly the case with this version.

I've been through every single option for winamp and also the skin options for the LS theme for winamp but i can't see anything which could contradict this setting.

I'll see if i can notify the person who makes dynamp about this.

Thanks a lot for you help guys, you've been really good about this.

Cheers