Posted by member 37506 on 2003-06-02 15:50:12 link

Oh my... in the name of all that is holy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the tray is updating!.. I can even see the cpu-meter going up and down :P.. it's no longer static... fuck yes!

I have the problem since If irst started using LS and the only main obstacle I had was the tray really sucking, got the point where I was gonna post a post here and then if I couldn't get it working I would have to uninstall it since it just wasn't practical having to restart LS all the time and not even then all icons showed...

I searched and found this post(browsed all search results up til this one) and the talk about that "Trayserver". I knew I hadn't used desktopx for my previous experiences(on an other wininstallation) was not good.. But I had tried windowblinds, and I thought it was a long shot but looked throu my task manager and sure enough, a "trayserver.exe" existed ther ein the list that I have not manually started. I killed it without mercy and wham(!), the LS systray for the first time began showing the icons live... first time ever... I thought it was a native LS problem that everyoen had to live with...

Weeee.. now perhaps I can actually keep LS for all time -- now that I'v found a practical theme.

THis problem thing, eventhoug it seems not to be related to LS, should be listed somehwere in large font so that other newbies who don't have as much patience and pain tolerance as I do, get's turned off and leaves....

i'm so happy...