Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-16 01:16:35 link

Al: I won't make two tutorial themes. The one I'm working one makes me lose some time; and I'm doing it for free and fun.
About LSBox, I don't understand why people have problems to create boxes. Everything is in the docs... but as I have practiced a little bit of LSBox, I can give clues to people in difficulty. I can tell them what they can do with LSBox; and what they can't (according to my experiences). I can answer questions, but I can't make a tutorial without re-writing the LSBox docs.

About skinbox:
Up to here, I used to use skinbox as a handle to move other stuff. Then, it should work with every modules. But there's limitations because I'm using the !ModuleMove x y bang. For example, lsxcommand can't be partially drag out of the screen.
I recently know that modules can be 'hooked' to skinboxes, but haven't tested it. And only modules that provide the magic !ModuleHook bang can be hooked...
I have to make some tests to see what is the best way... but the second one is much easy... but, currently, everything works fine with the first one (except z-ordering management - I mean having 'floating' boxes)