Drag ability? Thread last updated on 2003-04-17 10:18:08

Posted by member 4831 on 2003-04-13 14:38:26

Hi!

Just days before finally releasing my newest theme (http://www.lsthemes.com/zoom.php?area=1&id=326) I ask you to help me with this one:

as many people beg for the abilit to drag the bar-like-things I ask YOU to help me out how to manage it. I never dragged my things around but the idea sounds very interesting though. Will it be easy? Can all modules be dragged? What to do? A precise and short manual would help me out.

Thanks (tired of searching for help)

Posted by member 1 on 2003-04-13 14:43:40 link

sounds like you need the headaches of an LSBox setup. not easy...not all modules work...good luck...

Posted by member 5669 on 2003-04-13 20:24:01 link

with a little tweaking, you can make almost any theme in lsbox, so go ahead and give it a try.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-14 03:44:26 link

Hi ! Nice gfx !
I guess I have to make a thread about dragging in the code section... even if I think that taskbar and other stuff don't need to be drag

Posted by member 1413 on 2003-04-15 06:05:47 link

I'll love you forever Smurth! I'm just diveing into LSbox myself so that would be an awsome help.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-15 06:27:08 link

I guess many people need help about LSBox, this times.
I still don't have release my tutorial, now. First, I had some difficulties to make the multi-user-defined boxes support. The second problem is that it will look very, very tricky for a newbie (and I think it's not a really good idea for a tutorial).
Finally, I hear more and more people asking about LSBox... and the tutorial I'm making doesn't use LSBox. Everything is self-made with SkinBox and Label.
Should I continue or restart with LSBox ?

Posted by member 94 on 2003-04-15 12:23:34 link

Smurth - Skinbox works with all modules or like lsbox it works just for some of them?
I think you should continue with the tutorial you're working now and make another for lsbox (a new tutorial is always welcome) :)

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-16 01:16:35 link

Al: I won't make two tutorial themes. The one I'm working one makes me lose some time; and I'm doing it for free and fun.
About LSBox, I don't understand why people have problems to create boxes. Everything is in the docs... but as I have practiced a little bit of LSBox, I can give clues to people in difficulty. I can tell them what they can do with LSBox; and what they can't (according to my experiences). I can answer questions, but I can't make a tutorial without re-writing the LSBox docs.

About skinbox:
Up to here, I used to use skinbox as a handle to move other stuff. Then, it should work with every modules. But there's limitations because I'm using the !ModuleMove x y bang. For example, lsxcommand can't be partially drag out of the screen.
I recently know that modules can be 'hooked' to skinboxes, but haven't tested it. And only modules that provide the magic !ModuleHook bang can be hooked...
I have to make some tests to see what is the best way... but the second one is much easy... but, currently, everything works fine with the first one (except z-ordering management - I mean having 'floating' boxes)

Posted by member 1 on 2003-04-16 01:27:15 link

So write a new version and make it public. No harm in that...

Posted by member 94 on 2003-04-16 11:04:58 link

Smurth - Sorry I think I misunderstand you. Didn't realize you're talking about a theme tutorial, justa a simple text file. I have played with LSBox and it worked for me after some time spend in the configuration. I just asked 'bout skinbox cause I have no experience with this module.
I saw your Popuped theme. It's a great work, very interesting, and it's the kind of stuff that's very welcomed.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-16 12:17:30 link

Al: Don't put a lot into 'Popuped' because the final release will be completely different...
That's why I haven't update it.

Posted by member 94 on 2003-04-16 14:28:10 link

Ok Smurth. I'll wait for the final version.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-17 01:21:51 link

Al: I had a little bit of time to test skinbox, this night. And I can tell you: hook works well with (at least) systray2 and taskbar3. There's just some flickering when the box is activate/move with taskbar3 inside... Anyway, I'm definitively fond of skinbox...
But I guess you have to be patient; sorry :(

Posted by member 94 on 2003-04-17 08:27:49 link

All right Smurth.
Thanks for your attention.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-17 10:18:08 link

I know there's people who want to see something working... and, at the begining of this project, I've said "he! quite simple! Just come back in one or two days and it will be done..."
If there's requests, I can quickly release a version with "lnk boxes" support - I mean user defined labels (in a box) pointing to files/folders. It won't take me too long to rewrite this part of the code.
But I'm blocking on the modules box part. The easy way would be to release something like the popuped theme you know. Just rewrite the code to take benefit of skinboxes hook capabilities. But I'm thinking about something completely different. Wait and see...