Posted by member 22915 on 2003-04-08 14:42:55 link

I tried nornir.

After playing with it for an hour or two, I can't get it to display the kanji it's supposed to. I tried various fonts, various settings, with no success. It works in all other ways otherwise, just leaves a "?" instead of putting a kanji on the bar.

Rainlender does allow bitmapping of days of the week. However, it doesn't cycle them. It merely prints a calendar. I just want one little box a la label that provides a bitmap (which happens to be a character)

I know how to compute day of the week from the date. However, that does me no good, since I can't code a module myself (hell, the only language I can really program well in is Ada). Plus, I don't know of any scripting things for litestep that can determine the day of the week and then act based on that (much less that updates without me needing to poke it).

If label had something that could script based on day of the week, that would be awesome. But I doubt that.

Sorry to be so picky and to cause too much trouble. This is what I get for wanting a very specific user interface.