Posted by member 248213 on 2007-05-17 22:04:07 link

DeV: yeah I did that for various versions of laserdock too.

xcal: I understand that yes, I could've probably reached more users.

Everyone: Some reasons why its OTS3

1. As I mentioned, i have added multi-ots support before, and it is counter-productive.
I did it for GS to explain how it will work, but not many understood that I actually ADDED the GS into the theme folder for OTS2 support!.
Not many people got it (I don't know what the ratio was)
So I'll remove that 1 layer of confusion and simply say "Its OTS3, Upgrade, Kiss kiss"

2. I want OTS3 to get some publicity.

xcal wrote: "I believe most do not want to install what is only a proposed ots3, which hasn't had any *real* acceptance."

How is it going to be accepted if noone pushes it out there?
Even actual litestepper's like you don't use it! maybe this will be a way for it to get some recognition, and input (I don't know how likely this is, but its definetly more likely than if I released laserdock-2.0 as OTS2).

LOSI is nearly done (right?) so now its time for people to get involved with OTS3. And because everyone will be using OTS3 (not all will use losi) that makes it more important.

3. I don't want to waste my time on adding support for a deprecated model (maybe I see it wrong, but OTS3 with GS kick *** long time) when I could use that time to effectively FIX my theme.

So I hope you all understand ;)

If you don't wanna upgrade to OTS3, why not?
Talk about it.
Because there *will* be an OTS3! All that is up for question is wether YOU will have *any* say in what that is! :P

*kiss* *kiss* (o'3
http://www.fractaldesignz.orcon.net.nz/images/OTS3.64.png