Posted by member 1 on 2006-02-21 22:52:50 link

It is not normal nor should it be accepted to download modules seperately. NLM was designed and built so you didn't have to. Now, there are reasons why NLM doesn't work, most commonly the use of a web proxy. NLM doesn't use any strange port to download modules, just port 80.

As for your rant...there are 2 types of n00bs. One that will look for an answer and ask an intelligent question to get an answer, and one that doesn't want to waste the time to get an answer. Its not about pushing away n00bs...its about getting intelligent, non lazy, LS users. I've said this over and over again and nobody seems to believe me. LS is the MOST COMPLICATED application you will ever use for your PC. Even in this thread for example, "I've used StyleXp and WindowBlinds in the past but this one looked a lot more interesting." StyleXp and WindowBlinds aren't even close to LS in form, function or design. People don't understand that and don't want to. Until they do, they will not be able to use LS. I will admit that things have gotten out of hand around here before. Some people deserve it and others don't. One day though...these n00bs that stick around will understand that it was for their own good.