Posted by member 301160 on 2006-02-21 18:48:02 link

jdub, THANK YOU for the solution and validation that it's normal/accepted to get the modules separately. I'm new to Litestep had the same problem and was annoyed with downloading the modules manually... it just didn't seem right, and I hadn't found instructions on where to put them, although I did get things working.

All the anti-n00b replies in these threads are very discouraging, and I'm used to dealing with computers every day and comfortable with DOS, scripting, and even a little bit of programming.

Further, it's frustrating having many of the module download sites down. I think my problem may have been my work blocking whatever port(?) LS uses to grab them. I turned all my other blocking methods off when trying to get NetLoadModule to work, and even added another site to the list that also didn't work (was referenced in this forum, I believe).

[enter semi-rant mode]
Anyway, so I've left off LS for a month or two because of the frustration and *generally* unhelpful e1337ist replies.

Yes, some of us are new and don't know what's going on. Yes, sometimes we should look harder for the answers. Still, replying to a thread simply to bash someone for asking a "stupid" question doesn't help. Just let the thread die if you don't want to help. The prolific negative responses made me almost leave off LS altogether, and I suspect many others have felt the same.

Maybe that's what some LS people want. I know Napster pissed me off since it made things mainstream and everyone could download music for free. But, if it's not mainstream, there's not as many choices, and not as much development.
[exit semi-rant mode]

So, anyway, again, thank you.
STAT1STICK, if I get a lot of flak, sorry for hijacking the thread. :P