Posted by member 2111 on 2004-03-28 03:42:11 link

It is my understanding that Litestep was never designed for Linux. How can it be designed for Linux when it replaces the windows explorer shell. It may have originally been designed to emulate some of the look of some linux x desktops.

Windows blinds is different to litestep in that litestep is a shell replacement and windows blinds just makes window borders look "pretty". From when I tried windows blinds, it just seemed to bloat my system down, and was crap.

With the new litestep installer, installing new themes takes about 3 clicks of the mouse.(assuming the theme is in the correct format) Themes that have already be installed can be selected from your popup menu and don't require any major surgery.

As stated else where on this site, litestep isn't for everyone, and if you find working with configuration files and the like, too complicated or daunting, maybe litestep isn't for you.

However having said that, with a bit of tinkering and looking through the config files, it isn't that hard to learn, at least the basics. Isn't half the fun of running something like litestep, playing with all the config files and learning how stuff works??