systray gone/won't load? Thread last updated on 2003-04-03 15:04:54

Posted by member 20402 on 2003-04-03 00:33:14

Man, my systray seems to have disappeared. Tried swapping with every version i could get my hands on, but nothing's working--nothing loads at all.

Anyone ever have this problem? Know a fix?

i need access to a few icons which i can only get at from there.... Pain in neck.

b.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-04-03 01:17:48 link

what OS?
fresh reboot?

Posted by member 576 on 2003-04-03 01:18:16 link

Have you installed any Stardock products like ObjectDesktop...if so there's an app running at startup called Trayserver.exe and it's hi-jackin' yo' systray. Disable that and you should be all set. If thats not the problem please reply. :)
btw...read through the forums this problem and many others already have posts with fixes...you can save your self a bunch of time and anguish just by doing a little reading. :)
/Edit...damn you DeViLbOi...you beat me again. /reminds self to type faster and use less verbage. :)

Posted by member 602 on 2003-04-03 02:14:41 link

I like your enthusiasm Mr. Underhill. Keep it up :)

Posted by member 576 on 2003-04-03 03:30:23 link

Thanks Milk...been around the litestep scene for years upon years upon years...you get the drift...I really don't post often, Probly no more then 50-70 posts in 3+ years but I I've seen various litestep.nets come and go (me/ hopes not to jinx currnt iteration...btw...DeViLbOi you've done an excellent job with the site, props to the devs as well.) Watched ls2k come and go (me/ wipes small tear from eye.) Floach.Pimping trying to hang in there, I even remember the litestep portal...d@rn I feel old. I've always tried to help when I felt like speakin' up. Well enough of mammary lane. /me returns thred back to inBoil's systray prob. :)

Posted by member 20402 on 2003-04-03 15:04:54 link

98se. Tried:
reFresh
reCycle
reBoot
hardBoot
coldBoot
boot-to-dos
boot-in-the-ass. i disable all that lingering stardock junk, so it's not that.... And i thot i'd already read thru all the posts--guess maybe i missed the one's i was lookin' for.

Anyway, it works sometimes (right now, actually), but seems to go off every so often, for days at a time, without calling home. Comes back smelling like smoke and strange men. Stares out the window a lot. Gonna give it a little swat in the chops, someday real soon.

Yeah, so ... i'll go read thru the posts again, see what's what. (Also double-check my startup manager, while i'm at it.)

Thanks for the help....

b.