First Question, I'll try to avoid sounding like an idiot. Thread last updated on 2006-02-10 22:26:47

Posted by member 280831 on 2006-02-10 18:46:21

I've been playing around with litestep for over a year now, so I'm not totally foreign to how it works. However today I decided to hook up my new 19" LCD monitor as a second monitor for my laptop. I do a ton of coding, web design, and graphic work on this laptop so I need all the desktop space I can get.

The theme I'm using is Vitreolus 1.0, which was at first giving me a lot of errors with windows jumping from screen to screen when selected. I fixed this by changing the number of VWM desktops down to one from three. However it's still doing something wierd. The system tray and task tray are on the left (and secondary) monitor, while the rest of the console is on the right (and main monitor). I read a bit and the theme is using RabidVWM, so thats not it. I checked the config.rc file and it looks like all the coordinates are defined in relation to the desktop resolution by the $ResolutionX-whatever$ command. I can't figure out for the life of me why these two parts of the console are loading seperately from the rest, they appear to all be placed on the screen using almost identical methods.

Any ideas?

Posted by member 1 on 2006-02-10 19:34:01 link

They are put on the screen using the same method however they load starting from opposite sides of the screen. You need to either conver all of your $ResolutionX+whatever$ to $ResolutionX-whatever$ or $ResolutionX-whatever$ to $ResolutionX+whatever$.

Posted by member 280831 on 2006-02-10 22:26:47 link

Arrgh, thats so obvious too. Thanks.
Heres hoping it works!