Help on Teschio's themes Thread last updated on 2006-01-29 14:00:04

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-27 04:37:54

Could someone please tell me how to get any of Teschio's themes working with the shortcuts ? He uses shortcut links like Job, Graphics, Internet, that sort of thing...I seem to remember puting a directory somewhere named shortcuts with folders and links to your programs but I can't get that to work on any of his themes with these shortcuts. Sometimes they launch from the main bar, whether it's on the bottom or the side depending on the theme. Whats happening is, I click on lets say the icon for internet, and I get a little piece of the graphic, but I don't know where to place the path.. I would like to find the solution..
I can't get through to him either. I emailed mindland and no joy. Can someone please help ? Try Xio1 for instance, and you'lle see what I mean.

thanks

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-01-27 05:35:01 link

In XiO1, open the theme.rc, and you'll find the shortcuts you want to play with at lines 211 to 216. You'll see entries like "$programs$Internet". That's what you want to change to customize them for yourself. (Btw, at line 212, putting $filemanager$ in quotes will fix that entry, if you want to keep it as that function.)

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-27 08:31:32 link

OK, they are labeled Internet office graphics and media. I thought that was where I needed to place the paths, but I tried that a while back, and couldn't figure out how, and where to write it in. I mean, the correct way to put the path. I guess I'm saying that right. :o See where it says "$programs$Internet" for instance.
what do I need to do,,in detail,, to make that shortcut point to firefox. and can it only point to one program ? or what. Like on the line for graphics, Can I have shortcuts for both PSP, and Photshop ? won't I need an image or icon to display on the popup on the main bar ?
Thanks for your time xcal

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-27 08:39:30 link

Shouldn't those lines correspond with the programs listed in the theme evars? like the main ones that I have chosen in evar config ? also, there is the shortcuts folder in most of his themes, and I thought all you had to do was place your shortcuts in there and Oilla you would have the shortcut, but no matter what I do, all I get is a piece of the graphic, and thats all... I would love to understand this one guys.

Posted by member 1 on 2006-01-27 15:20:07 link

Isn't this covered clearly in the readme?

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-01-27 15:21:22 link

Well, the entire command is actually

!PopupDynamicFolder "$programs$Internet" X=89 Y=-150

You'll want to remove that, and then you can simply put in

"$Browser$"

The same type of thing applies to the rest of the shortcuts.

The way it's currently setup must have been for personal directories that teschio has on his computer. The entire command that's currently there would open a popup with the contents of "x:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Internet". Since you don't have that folder on your computer, that's why you're just getting a little graphic showing up. It's actually just an empty popup.

Posted by member 1 on 2006-01-27 16:50:36 link

errr...I disagree. Changing it to $Browser$ won't work because it is set to be a Folder. It would just be easier to change them to $PersonalDir$Internet and build the folder structure there that you want.

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-01-27 20:47:02 link

Right, $Browser$ won't work. It has to be quoted (like I did).

If you remove
!PopupDynamicFolder "$programs$Internet" X=89 Y=-150

and just put in
"$Browser$"

it will, infact, open your browser.

Maybe you were thinking I meant to leave in the !PopupDynamicFolder?

Posted by member 1 on 2006-01-27 23:02:24 link

ah yes...read it as leaving behind the !PopupDynamicFolder...but then again...I was half asleep at the time.

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-01-28 02:07:39 link

Lack of sleep sucks. Dealing with that myself. =\

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-29 03:01:13 link

xcal, I'z gonna need you to explain how to add the path like you just said, but tell me in detail. First do I need to place a folder in like, x:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\new folder with my own shortcuts created ? If so, then where exactly in that line do I add that extra path....and will quotes be necessary in there ? thanks
or.... I'm going to try what Devilboi said in regard to the personal dir, and a folder with shortcuts.

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-29 03:14:28 link

OK,,,,,Great I got it working both ways, from the program dir, and the personal dir. I forgot how that worked with the $programs$ or $PersonalDir$ once that $xxx$ is on the line in theme.rc, I don't have to add the entire path. Now I know where they go...Thanks, both of you guys.. ;) greatly appreciated

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-01-29 04:01:06 link

Sounds like it's the x= and y= that needs adjusting. Really, you could just remove those, and the popup will appear at your cursor.

(My reply made sense until you edited your post. ;))

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-29 04:03:31 link

Oh OK, I just placed more than 4 or 5 shortcuts in there... LoL.. I didn't know it would do that if you removed those ,,what are they called. the x= and y= ? coordinates or something ?

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-29 04:06:23 link

(My reply made sense until you edited your post. ;))

It certainly did..;P

Posted by member 51827 on 2006-01-29 04:12:50 link

xcal, I have a good question while I have your attention... I have a Viewsonic keyboard with a very nice set of hotkeys running the entire length of the top of it..a nice keyboard. The hotkeys work fine with explorer but with Litestep as the shell none of them work except for one, the refresh hotkey, or reload. the HID service has to be running for it to work at all. You can't program these hotkeys they just work with all the defaults. How do you think I could get that to work with Litestep. ?? man I need sleep too.

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-01-29 14:00:04 link

I can't answer that hotkey question in this thread. But, if you do a forum search, I do answer it in another thread. :)