Window manipulation application Thread last updated on 2004-08-12 17:03:55

Posted by member 45783 on 2004-08-12 12:05:58

Some time ago I introduced myself to Vendicators wndman.dll and thought that some of the features in it might be outright useful. A nice little program, but controlling these things merely through LS is a bit unwieldy.

Is there a program in existence which would do the same things as wndman.dll but for example by adding entries to the default program context menu. It would be ideal if I could just right-click an app titlebar, and select for example 60% transparency or transform the program to its titlebar.

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-08-12 14:09:03 link

I use a reshacked WinRoll for right-click-on-titlebar windowshading.
Not sure about transparency: Nuonsoft ShellEnhancer is the last toy I've heard about.
There was an old transparency app that would add entries to the system menu of windows but it would crash LiteStep...

Posted by member 7991 on 2004-08-12 17:03:55 link

I'm using Nuonsoft ShellEnhancer... it works great and with lots of functions (roll-up, windowstate based transparency, minimize to tray, mouse gestures, corner hotspots, automatic management of windows, etc.), I'm surprised it is freeware.

Also, look into WinTiles (www.wintiles.com). Its a shareware app which resizes windows to ensure each pixel of your desktop is used efficently... definitely reduces the number of times you have to hit the maximize button. Not sure yet if it works beyond the 30 day trial...