Module request Thread last updated on 2004-07-07 22:45:13

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-07-07 18:49:14

Ok, first of all, I don't know if this is even possible, it's just something I was talking about earlier today with a guy at work.
Ok, the first thing is, a mute module. That would let you mute a single app, while letting other apps still produce sound. For instance, you have winamp running, then you start up a movie. You hit a hotkey, or popup entry (whatever), and winamp is muted, but you can still watch and listen to your movie.
Second, to only have apps on the current desktop produce sound. Kinda like the "VWMHideTaskOnSwitch" command, but instead of hiding the tasks, it would "hide" the audio. For instance, you have winamp running on desktop3, and a movie on desktop4. with this module, you would only hear what's playing on winamp while you're on desktop3, and you would only hear your movie while you're on desktop4.

Again, these are both just something I thought would be cool, and probably beyond the scope of Litestep. Just thought I would bring it up in case i'm wrong and it is possible. :)

deuce

Posted by member 108633 on 2004-07-07 19:59:31 link

Good ideas.

1) Muting certain apps - I'm not sure that's possible in a shell.
2) Muting virtual moniters with vwm - Good idea. I would think it's possible.

Posted by member 35 on 2004-07-07 22:45:13 link

i dont think it's possible, beos supports volume per application, windows doesnt (afaik).

heard longhorn will be able to set different volumne per app.