QuickLaunch sub folders Thread last updated on 2004-06-18 14:15:36

Posted by member 172224 on 2004-06-16 02:04:22

First of all, my sincere apology if my question has already been answered. I am currently unable to search the forum for previous posts (and yes, I looked quickly through a few of them and tried google first.)

I would like to add sub-folders to seperate my quicklaunch programs into catogories. Since I've seen a few screenshots of this, I figured it was configurable somewhere. However, I haven't been able to find it in any obvious config file. I also tried creating a folder, and a shortcut to a folder in my quicklaunch folder, but neither one worked. I only got a link to the folder when using a shortcut to it.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-06-16 17:54:34 link

if it's a quicklaunch in a theme, then check out popuptheme.rc (or where ever the theme popup's configuration is for the theme). if it's the popup, then check out popup.rc. and the popup readme.

Posted by member 172224 on 2004-06-16 17:57:53 link

Ah, thank you. I don't fully understand what all the commands are, but between manuals and examples from existing themes I'm at least able to add, edit, and remove folders now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Posted by member 48370 on 2004-06-18 14:15:36 link

anyway if u create a folder in some folder that is displayed in the popup via DynamicFolder it shall also be visible instantly in the popup of yours! maybe u messed with the wrong QuickLaunch folder?