adjust volume via LsSlider and mousewheel... Thread last updated on 2004-06-11 11:55:50

Posted by member 4153 on 2004-06-08 22:30:08

hi,

i'm using a recent theme that has LsSlider hooked in an LsBox. I'd like to control the volume with my mousewheel on hover (or focus). the closest (i think) i can get is to "sublass" either the LsSlider or the LsBox that contains it to catch the mousewheel movement.

i tried loading subclass before and after the creation of the lsbox. i tried loading (and executing) it within the .box file.

not sure what else to try or whether i'm barking up the wrong tree here. any thoughts?

thx.

p.s. i'm running the following LS and module versions.
Litestep 0.24.7 RC1
LsSlider-0.71
Subclass-0.1
LsBox-3.0i

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-06-09 00:58:25 link

subclass might work if these modules didn't have multiplicity...

that is, it'll work on the first created instance of such a module i believe.

not sure if either will work since you have the lsslider over the box and unsure if entering the lsslider counts for entering the box. i think this is the problem :)

this is where we coax a coder to help..

(i'm 90% sure a scripted alternative involving v_bang, xlabel, mzscript, skinbox* is possible)
*xlabel's feature creep perhaps obsoletes many a module

Posted by member 4153 on 2004-06-09 22:51:39 link

well, i've pretty much given up on subclass and have been working with xlabel. though i'm not having much luck here either. it seems to make sense to hook a label into the lsbox. xlabel is loading before lsbox. i added
*ModuleHook !LabelLSBoxHook Slide

to the .box file. And i added the following lines to the theme.rc.
;*Label Slide
SlideWidth 365
SlideHeight 25
SlideFocusOnEnter
SlideOnWheelUp !SliderVolumeUp
SlideOnWheelDown !SliderVolumeDown

i'm kind of confused about the statement "Make sure that you do not put the same name in both a *ModuleHook and a *Label command. " in the instructions, so i played with commenting out the "*Label" line....

Any thoughts on this? thx!

btw, i'm using xlabel-3.0.5 and i just updated the LS build to RC3.

Posted by member 103440 on 2004-06-10 10:06:20 link

Hi db, I have LsSlider-0.71 hooked in xLabel-3.05 (like LsBox) and i added the following code:
AMPLabelFocusOnEnter
AMPLabelOnWheelUp !SliderVolumeUp 0
AMPLabelOnWheelDown !SliderVolumeDown 0

It worked just fine to me. The "FocusOnEnter" sometime fails.

Posted by member 4153 on 2004-06-11 07:31:43 link

i was hoping to avoid messing with the theme too much, which is why i was trying to hook xlabel into the lsbox. but it seems it would be a lot easier just to use an xlabel in place of the lsbox. i'll play around. thx.

Posted by member 4153 on 2004-06-11 11:55:50 link

i had a long post, but realized my error 30 seconds after submitting....

sorry. but thanks to everyone for their help!