nView Dekstop Manager Thread last updated on 2004-05-19 10:14:42

Posted by member 162438 on 2004-05-19 02:58:38

Hi, I recently returned to this community after spent some time away from LiteStep to grow myself a regular life. Now I realized that even XP need some nice tuning and those days where not over when we left Win98 behind us.

Now, I like to have multiple desktops, and to only to that with standard shell is to use the nView Deksktop Manager supported by my Nvidia graphics card, but LiteStep does not seem to support it very well.. when change desktop all I get is an empty dekstop.. not Taskbar.. no Popups.. no nothing.

Anyway running this two nice things together or should I just reconfigure all my desktops into LiteStep?

Posted by member 160721 on 2004-05-19 04:10:05 link

Not sure about using Nvidia's Desktop Manager with Litestep but Litestep has it's own modules that support multiple desktops. Check out the module archive at http://www.loose-screws.com/modules.php?cat=0. Anything in the VWM section will be able to do what you need.

Posted by member 162438 on 2004-05-19 04:48:22 link

I know that it has its own modules.. but since I already had it all working with all desktops, hotkeys and stuff I thought I might be able to spare myself reconfiguring it all over again..

Posted by member 7 on 2004-05-19 10:08:21 link

nView thinks that LS is just another regular application and leaves it its original "virtual desktop" when you switch. It's probably hardcoded to only show Explorer on all desktops.

I don't think there's much that LiteStep can do about this - it's not that LS doesn't support nView, it's rather that the nView Desktop Manager doesn't support LiteStep.

Posted by member 162438 on 2004-05-19 10:14:42 link

Good point there.. and with that I think I recall nView being able to pin certain programs to every desktop, so if I just add litestep.exe to that list everything would work out.

I somehow realize that maybe I should have figured that out for myself.. but.. thanks for you help.