Popup rightclick on menu item. Thread last updated on 2004-05-09 18:03:21

Posted by member 154510 on 2004-05-09 06:42:47

Hiya all, first time posting on the boards here, had a little search around the forums first but couldnt find anything that answered my problem, apologies if the question has been answered.

I am trying to build a theme and it seems that my Popup module (popup2.dll) does not want to work correctly.... The popup opens correctly when i right click my desktop (jdesk 0.73) but when i right click on say for instance the step.rc entry in my menu it doesnt seem to want to behave properly: What it does is the menu opens (the one with properties at the bottom) but it doesnt give focus to the menu neither does the popup have focus or the desk top.... infact i cant figure out what has focus at all i have to alt-tab back to the popup which closes the menu with properties on it.

Im using litestep 0.24.7 (according to the .exe properties).

Modules loaded are: Jdesk, Popup2, Taskbar, LSXcommand v1.9.2, shortcut2, vwm2 and finally clockwork v0.62. (have not loaded systray2 yet).

Running on windowsXP pro.

Many thanks for any replies :)

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-09 14:42:33 link

I don't know what you mean about focus, but there is no right-click option for the step.rc and theme.rc under Litestep->edit config (the only step.rc there, AFAIK). They are popup entries in popup.rc, not actual files.

Posted by member 154510 on 2004-05-09 17:38:03 link

mmm... yes i dont think im doing such a great job of explaining, im new to litestep so "popup" to me means the litestep popup but also the windows right click popup menu.

When i right click a litestep desktop it brings up *the* popup so then i can scroll along till i find a program or a file on the popup....now instead of left clicking the file i want to RIGHT click it to goto the file properties (like in windows explorer if you right click a file you can view its properties through its popup menu (not the litestep popup)).

Anyways back to the problem...basically when i right click the item on the litestep popup the windows popup appears with properties at the bottom of the list...only problem is its not "in focus".... erm basically the mouse wont click anything on the menu :( ....it wont click anything else on the desktop, task bar, litestep popup....i gotta alt tab to get any control back :(.

Thanks again, any help is appreciated :)

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-05-09 18:03:21 link

Ah. A nice way to differentiate it, one's !popup, one is a windows popup, AKA context menu.

Try killing any background apps and see if it works any better. I do that all the time in the programs menu, and never a problem. Usually copy, delete, and open, but properties works fine, too.