Simple CKVWM request Thread last updated on 2004-05-08 19:57:20

Posted by member 142248 on 2004-05-08 13:58:52

I have given up with this *VWMStartWindowsOnDesktop command. I have tried and tried for a couple of days and I cant seem to make this work. If someone could offer some coding or setup a module to do this for me I would be more than happy. CKVWM allows you to start programs and windows on different desktops at startup. This is what I am trying to do. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Brian

Posted by member 1 on 2004-05-08 16:55:06 link

d00d...I am getting tired of moving your posts. We also don't need 50 million threads started over one thing, you not being able to read docs. Stop this or I will be forced to drag you out back and shoot you.

Posted by member 142248 on 2004-05-08 17:47:47 link

Why couldnt you leave this in request. LIke the last one I put in there. The first to was an error with your site. I did read the doc on ckvwm. I have been trying to learn this stuff for the last couple of weeks. Thats it. All I asked for was a little help. Then when I was still having trouble I gave up and decided to leave it to someone who knew what they were doing. Now I won't be able to do that because you gotta move stuff around. I never asked you to move it. Dont threaten me. You got a sweet site man. I am not trying to get on to you but dont get onto me cuz I am trying to ask for a little help.

Posted by member 31 on 2004-05-08 18:02:07 link

bcoulan, when a module says it can do something, but you are simply having trouble getting it to do what it says it can do, you don't post under the "request" forum asking for help getting the said feature to work. :)

That said, when you have this sort of issue where you are simply not understanding what the documentation says, you should jump on IRC (irc.freenode.net) #litestep and ask for some one to explain and help out. It is hard to respond in detail in a forum post when there isn't much more to say, than what the documentation already says. It would be much easier to walk you through it.

But if you still want to try it on your own. Re-read the documentation a little bit closer, and use this util to find the window class it is talking about: http://www.shellfront.org/utils/winspy.exe

That is about as clear as we can get without stepping you through the process. Good luck! Please join IRC if you need further help on this.

Posted by member 142248 on 2004-05-08 19:57:20 link

Thanks man. That helps out a lot. I never even knew about #litestep on IRC. Thanks again and sorry about any trouble. If my name is annoying to look at you guys can take my threads off. Later.