Change Icons on Desktop With Button Thread last updated on 2004-04-22 00:59:16

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-04-19 21:47:58

Anyone know a way to have LS take the $Desktop$ icons off the desktop and replace them with another folders icons with a simple button. I thought that IconDesk would be what I need, but am having some code problems. Posted in this forum with a subject Icondesk-0.67 .... Thought it may have scared some away if they didnt know icondesk. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had LS for about 2 weeks and am already thinking about makin a theme. Just would like to have this idea in it.

Posted by member 111 on 2004-04-20 04:58:22 link

if I understand right, you may bind to this button !SetEvar + !TextReplace + !NetReloadModule

Posted by member 144637 on 2004-04-22 00:59:16 link

Finally did it... WooHooo. Theme I was using had a button on the top to hide icons. I took out the label and script to hide it. Then , I made a few more labels and scripts to show buttons. When a button is clicked, the showicons for that label in turn active a script as such:
*Script bang !ShowButton1
*Script exec !LabelHide LabelShowButton1
*Script exec !LabelShow LabelShowButton2
*Script exec !LabelShow LabelShowDesktop
*Script exec !IconDeskShow Button1
*Script exec !IconDeskHide Button2
*Script exec !IconDeskHide DTop
*script exec !varsaveall
*Script ~bang

And it hides the button for the one you just clicked. Works like a charm. Wanted to get this so I can start themeing. Now has 3 buttons on my fake theme, one to show desktop, one to show my quicklaunch, and one to show my mp3 folder... how nice! Thanks for the idea sega, just thought it could be done with icondesk, and being that I am a self-proclaimed newb, I wanted to stay a little more basic.

:)