Fullscreen Windows follow to the right... Thread last updated on 2004-02-24 04:41:18

Posted by member 124967 on 2004-02-24 04:02:35

Is it a bug that any Window in Fullscreen is following my three the desktops to the right, but only until desk4?
I'm using Glaze, so it may be a problem there but it doesn't say that windows should be moved when using hotspots at all...

Any suggestions?

Posted by member 7 on 2004-02-24 04:39:20 link

Are you using Windows XP? If so, it's a known bug if visual styles are enabled. Currently the only workaround is to use the classic look (or to avoid maximizing windows :P). A fix is being worked on, but afaik it's not done yet.

Posted by member 124967 on 2004-02-24 04:41:18 link

There are basically two ways I know to do something against that problem.
1. Use VWMFix The problem here is that windows can get around that when they use more than one class und in fact you might have to specify them all what can be quite annoying. So it works from time to time...
Does that actually keep the class on the desktop I put it at all?

2. It is cheeky and not very elaborate, but when I just don't maximise the windows then they stay... So just playing around with VWMRestore X,Y,Height,Width and make it as if it would be maximised then minimise and restore and it looks like what it should but doesn't jump anymore.

BUT: I feel that there has to be a better solution.

P.S.: Thanks I will check that out.