Recycle Bin Thread last updated on 2004-02-08 16:57:26

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-02-08 04:50:01

Well i feel like a jack as$ once again, but im just about done with my theme and im puzzled again. i switched over my skin for sysmetrix [kept getting some weird httctrl.ocx error when i openned up outlook express] to litestep so now i have two "bars", one on top and one on the bottom with a chopped desktop area in between. the bottom bar is an image with overlayed rainmeter graphics and information and also two buttons and one slider. the slider controls the system volume and the one button controls the mute function of the system volume. no problems so far [well there was with getting the buttons to show then i realized "t" for on top] ok so anyways.. no real problems thus far but getting the last button to empty the recycle bin on one press is not working. i have read most of the module docs and searched them all for "empty" or "trash" and only came up with !emptytrashbin which doesnt seem to work for me.

if i can get this to work i would be happy.. if i could get the image im using for a button to be animated or dynamic and change to the other state when the trash had something in it, then i would be REALLY happy. here are the modules im running.. this is a heavily personalized/modified studio28 ost2 theme.

*NetLoadModule desktop2-2.0
*NetLoadModule layercut-1.72
*NetLoadModule rainmeter-0.9 load rainmeter.dll
*NetLoadModule ckvwm-1.40
*NetLoadModule lsslider-1.71
*NetLoadModule taskbar3-0.306_alpha-3
*NetLoadModule vtray-1.06
*NetLoadModule label-1.99
*NetLoadModule lsxcommand-1.8.4
*NetLoadModule dynamp-0.50
*NetLoadModule popup2-2.1.4
*NetLoadModule textedit-2.4l-13
*NetLoadModule mzscript-0.8.6l

and the stupid shortcut im using is simple.. something like this.

*shortcut "Empty Recycle Bin" 872 -32 buttonrecycle.bmp buttonrecycle1.bmp buttonrecycle.bmp #t !emptytrashbin

not sure if thats the correct form but the one above it for the mute command is identical with different values and it works fine. any ideas? im sure its something simple and im just missing it.

thanks ahead of time..

BTW why cant i search the forums?

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-02-08 16:57:26 link

ok got it all worked out.. nothing else worked but this

http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=1&id=1170&hl=recycle

thanks to those who posted there. that rocks it doesnt even ask you if u want to erase the files.

ok now how do i make the image state change when a file goes there? =[

sounds to me like some if then statements but what command checks the status of the trash? or even just a normal folder. i havent found that yet.