Trillian Pro autohide issues Thread last updated on 2003-12-19 10:41:06

Posted by member 3307 on 2003-12-13 21:02:51

I can't seem to get Trillian Pro to autohide. I'm using LS 0.24.7 with Win XP Pro. Trillian (2.01 b2) will dock on the right side of the screen, but when I turn autohide on, it just won't register. I had no problems with the autohide feature when I wasn't using Litestep, and I know I'm not the only one who's had this problem: http://tinyurl.com/z4vw

It's not an issue with the VWM, because I don't use a VWM. Any ideas?

Posted by member 7 on 2003-12-14 00:59:36 link

It's probably because Litestep doesn't implement the Appbar interface yet. It's a PITA and until recently there were no volunteers to do it.
So now there IS someone working on it, but since this is once again undocumented terrain I can't say when the code leaves the experimental stage, could be a week, could be a year.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-14 01:47:33 link

From the way things are going and where he is coding from...I like the general sound of a year. :)

Posted by member 56375 on 2003-12-15 01:58:36 link

I'm having a similar problem. However, unlike the user who posted before me, I can dock, and I can turn autohide on and off. But my problem lies with the actual docking itself. Whereas before it would function as intended, windows would resize to fit program. Unfortunately, it no longer performs this way and I'm reduced to simply minimizing it. While I realize this is a relatively minor issue, it's the small things that piss me off. :D

Also, forgive me for posting here. I assumed that given the nature of both the docking issue and the same program that it offered a better solution than starting a new thread.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-15 11:36:55 link

same thing...same code pending...

Posted by member 3307 on 2003-12-19 10:41:06 link

I've got a bit of an update....with the Trillian Pro 2.01 beta 4 update, the autohide setting no longer resets itself when you turn it on. Like, when you turn it on, Trillian now knows that it's turned on. Still doesn't work, but it seemed like an interesting bit of info.