LSXCommand Background Image? Thread last updated on 2003-11-10 16:34:33

Posted by member 700 on 2003-11-10 00:31:25

Ok, now... I'm not retarded and I have searched the forums for this and I get nothin'.. anyway...
In the docs for the newest release of LSXCommand 1.8.5 I believe it says, and I quote "CommandBackground [image] Path to your background image. If this is not an absolute path, LSXCommand looks in your images directory.
Note: If this option is not specified, the background and border colors are used."

Bold part is the important part... Ok, I can't get a background image to display for the life of me without having CommandTransparentEditBox turned on... and if you are like me and have winamp scrolling in this it's really a killer on the cpu usage. Now, by the way that the docs say, the image should be the background and not the normal defigned colors, but that doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Posted by member 182 on 2003-11-10 04:00:27 link

yeah see, without setting CommandTransparentEditBox, you're effectively loading the edit box with a coloured background *over* the background image.

i'm afraid this is an old and known quirk of the otherwise flawless lsxcommand.

try theming around it, using a solid colour as background.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-11-10 04:04:43 link

Hum, I guess everyone had this problem. If you absolutely want a background image, you should do with flickering... If you want no flickering, you should use colors.
But if you only want to dislay winamp song; use a label :)

Posted by member 700 on 2003-11-10 16:34:33 link

Argh... I was hoping there was a good way around this or through it per say, guess the only way is the flickering and cpu usage.. Ahh, maybe someday.

Well, it's not that I only use it for the winamp scrolling, but it's just a handy thing to have displayed all the time.

Thanks for the commends.
LZ