I wanna use this theme but it has lots of module problems. I have tried to update the modules to the latest versions but it might be incompatible with the whole theme config. Will there be a new version? if not, can somebody help me edit this theme so it will be compatible with latest LS build? I'm still 70% newbie, haven't finished with all the docs. Argghh. If anyone has spare time, pls help ok?
I'll be eternally grateful;)
sure :) if you have a problem, yo, i'll solve it ;)
how come you are always the first to answer questions??
are u a moderator?
nope, i'm lucky :D
actually i guess i'm just an active community-member *said proudly* :D
no work to do at the moment and i've got bored with all the games so when i sit down behind my comp i'll try to solve other people's problems, cause i haven't had many of those lately.
Everything is fine when i load nonstep.
But when i recycle it, it says 'exception while quitting module grdtray3.dll ' and 'exception while quitting module jdesk.dll'
and 'unable to register desktopbackground class' and 'grdtray:unable to register window class'.
After that, only some parts of theme is functional.
Then the theme crashes with this message >>
AppName: litestep.exe AppVer: 0.24.6.1 ModName: jdesk.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002e50
I used the zipfile which has bad crc or somthing. How to update the modules and step.rc to be compatible with latest LS build?
I know it will be tedious to reconfigure the modules but it is a good theme, don't wanna waste it.
i've been modifying nonstep for months now .. so if theres anything i can help with ... :)
first i'd replace $ModulesDir$grdtray3.dll with $LitestepDir$systray2.dll ..
do not update to the latest layercuts.dll.. weird on-top-problems appeared when i did that
but i think the module with the most stability issues used in nonstep is grdtray
oh, and update your indiestep build too :)
Use systray2 instead of grdtray3.
garland, is your modified nonstep working? Can u please upload it somewhere so i can download it? I'm still not good at editing these stuff.:-0
I tried replacing grdtray with systray and it worked! However, the system tray now sticks at the upper location when i switch to bottom bar mode. How to configure again??
add this to your nonstep\config\bottom.cfg:
;; SYSTRAY ;;
i think that should do..
and for uploading it, hmm i think i'll contact ursula2k and ask her(him?) for permission to release my stuff
screenshot (so far) http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~troggan/weee_ver2.png
hmm, garland beat me too :P
been mowing grass all day long. arrgh!! i hate grass. on the other hand now it's so nice to watch :)
garland, nice white colour scheme!What are the 3 boxes under 'notes'?
1. 'SendTo' command for Run doesn't work after when using Litstep!
2. Where can i edit the contents of 'quick launch' since i am using a theme which has quick launch but can't drag new items into the list.
3. Can i use LSxCommand as a calculator?
4. Is 'send shortcuts' to desktop disabled?
5. How to add a 'show desktop' shortcut to minimise all windows like the show desktop shortcut in quick launch?
Thanks for bearing with me.^.^
1. dunno. maybe it's a feature of explorer. i'm sure ilmcuts or someone else smarter than me knows :P
2. that folder should be specified in your config somwhere. check the quicklaunch module's docs.
4. well, if you don't have desktop icons then there's no point in sending shortcuts there ;)
5. create a shortcut which launches a bang !MinimizeWindows (and be sure you have the latest indiestep).
1. I don't quite get what you mean with "for Run"
2. The quick launch dir should always be "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" - where %AppData% is something like "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data" on 2K/XP.
5. Alternatively you could use showdesk.dll (since !MinimizeWindows doesn't work for everyone)
oh thanks for the link for quick launch. I couldn't find it before!
I mean the 'run' in Windows that lets you open a file/program by typing in its location like i used it to launch the link to the Quick Lauch folder.
My "run" prompt doesn't have a "Send To" feature though...?
Typing "Send To" at the run prompt will open the "Send To" folder for win9x systems. It's not a utility or anything it's just a folder under c:\windows\ so when you enter it's name it automatically opens. In Win 2000 and XP the send folder is in your user profile so you will need to type the full path to open the folder.
When I first installed LS I remember that I couldn't "run" c:\ and have it open the contents of C:\ in windows explorer. I expect this is the same poblem rojak is having and is a side effect of not having explorer as the shell. Since then I've changed file managers and it works as expected. I don't know of a solution for this if you wish to stick with explorer as your file manager.