Posted by member 248213 on 2007-04-06 10:38:42 link

wow, huge thread.

Why is LS dying?

I suggest this "death" is not purely a LS thing, its more of a computer custo thing, alt-shell thing.

Web 2.0 stuff is getting all the attention. OS's just arent "novel" or new or interesting really anymore.

I feel the focus shifting to "live" internet stuff.

eg; email, calendar, word processing, image editing etc can all be done online these days.
People are more into forging community links and groups based on RL type shit than totally geeked out stuff like alt-shells.

I just can't really beleive there is this huge group of n00b LS'ers that really want to get into theming but can't because of something that can be changed.
I just don't think they are there anymore.

I would be far more concerned if we were talking about carpentry. Carpentry has a huge history, with obvious advantages for all, and obvious reasons for its continued existence.
Litestep on the otherhand, has a very short history, and its productive validity is questionable and existence is subject to inevitable changes.
What is Litestep? an interface between man and machine. Interfaces have rapidly changed since the inception of computerisation, so its only natural for litestep to change.

Although I indeed beleive LS is the most advanced offline interface to date for any OS, I hope it will not remain that way for all eternity.

If it is to be superseeded, I welcome the death of Litestep.