Posted by member 212670 on 2007-03-19 13:21:39 link

@Andymon
1. I've seen a lot of finals over the last couple of years. :P And don't get me started on the new installer...
3. I'd be surprised if it was more than 2 or 3 themers who requested that.
4. Please. Who's going to be using xLabel without some kind of text escapes?

Regarding not theming...

I was a little extreme in blaming xPaintClass (plus xstats) and I probably shouldn't have singled it out. My post was more of a knee-jerk reaction type of thing before I went to bed. :P xPaint/Stats certainly isn't the only thing I view as 'wrong' with Litestep.

I guess my real problems with it has been its growing pains. It continues to cause compatibility problems with people having to clean out their xmodules and redownload stuff from currently released themes. This is bad for a community that should be wanting to attract new users. I really wish it could have remained in a closed beta state for a while before the general population got ahold of it.

We both know there are people that disagree with me, so I know you won't take my opinions too seriously, but if they've bothered you in a personal way, I'm sorry for that. I've always spoken very highly of you (not that I'm some kind of authority :P) and have credited you several times for being the reason that Litestep still has as many users as it does. Just ask Immortal. I think I've even referred to you as a 'God' before. ;)

I'm certainly not giving up on Litestep or quitting. I feel more like I've been waiting for the dust to settle before I get back in to trying to create a theme of some kind.