Posted by member 8918 on 2007-02-16 10:53:12 link

LOL! Thanks Dev! West! Dmak, think you are thinking of "daunted". The scripting does get complex. Dev, thanks for the explanation on XML. I thought it would take a lot of work, was unaware that the modules would need conversion as well. That would be a daunting task indeed. Like I said, I am not that disgruntled by the text configuration, and it really has made me a more knowledgeable PC user, and helped in some really severe crashes! So, I am not that concerned about it. If you want to hire me to answer the dumb questions I would be happy to, Dev! I plan on finishing my Masters of Fine Arts degree and teaching, so I could use the practice with dumb questions!

As far as scripting, would you have a suggestion to set up a series of individual shortcuts to various applications? In my screenshots I have a shortcut next to the start button in the austerity work around I have made. I set the shortcut up in the base rc file, and the normal, hover and press commands work, but the bang to open photoshop fails. Hmm...here's the text I have now.

*Shortcut "Display" 0 -100 Winback1.png Winback2.png .none $Programs$

Adobe/Photoshop 7.0/Photoshop.exe .none !execute

It probably is just twisted around, but I have tried every configuration of this I can think of and it's driving me nuts! If you prefer, e-mail it to me at my hotmail address in profile.

Thanks again for the info on the GUI.