Posted by member 85608 on 2006-04-27 14:35:03 link

yes.
yes.
and yes.
the problem is that i dont think litestep likes to use shortcut files (ie Shortcut to Explorer.exe). if i leave it as %filemanager% in the evars.rc it points to explorer.exe and works but it wont take commandline tags. if i set %filemanager% to point to the shortcut i made with the command line parameters in it already it does nothing at all (no errors, just no response to File Manager execution from within any theme).
I am using Ashtafere's Insight 3.5 theme and in his theme.rc you can point the disk icon mouseclick to any executable really, so i point it at explorer.exe and try and attach extra paramaters i need but it does not work. so i tried to point it to the shortcut i made previously but to no avail. yes, i have checked that the shortcut works and it does if i doubleclick it from with an explorer window or if i use the "run" command window.
this is the commandline you need to use to get the My Computer section to open up:
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
several generic switches there then the big ol' string. is there possibly a registry edit i can do to force this for explorer.exe? i have searched and searched and cannot find one when googling. in fact it took several iteration searches to get this command line switch.
basically if i can get a postive answer to one of these three questions i am set:
1. how can ls open a shortcut?
2. how do you "pipe" parameters to an exe from within themes.rc?
3. what is the registry edit to force explorer to open in my computer?

you ask why this is a big deal? i never have anything in my documents, i have drives set up for certain media/file types and i could use without that one extra mouseclick to select my computer. also i am aware of many different file managers out there, i am just good at explorer..so familiar with its layout and i am old so i dont change easily =).

wergeld