Posted by member 94 on 2004-01-16 14:44:35 link

I think what should change are the newbies :) A lot of people just want to install the software and just run it with no need to configure it, or learn to configure it (and the LS learning curve is very steep). I remember installing LS for the first time back in march of 99 I guess, and having the message I'll have to reinstall windows and I thought I screwed my machine, then I read the docs and read everything in the Floach site at the time and found about the system.ini thing... from that point I start reading everything I can find [I think I survived at least :)]. This difficulties for the newbies was always there, I think, right now, we have much more information then we have back in time, but the problems for the new users will always exist and I don't think separating users will help. I think LS.net is doing a good job helping solving people's problems. I think the newbie's actitude when facing a problem have a lot to do with the success or not, I've learned a lot screwing my system :)