Posted by member 45783 on 2003-10-23 07:35:16 link

No I'm not saying that the program is crap, if it were crap, it wouldn't be used. The normal Explorer shell is not bad and LS is much better.

I'm just saying that Litestep isn't very stable nor user-friendly. I just read a post where a person installed it and has a three-click way to chrash his machine every time. Heck, I myself witnessed a case where a clean setup from LS Installer on a perfectly normal machine produced something that simply did not work. Too many times I've seen something work somewhere and then, on another machine, bang.

Like I said, it isn't crap, but while this stuff continues to happen and people reinstall their systems in desperation, there's absolutely no way LS could be called a reliable or stable piece of software.

I have to admit that omar's installed and OTS have made things a lot more organized and nowadays you don't even have to understand anything of the Windows registry, but there's still work to be done before LS works on each of the machines it will be installed to.