Posted by member 99 on 2003-10-01 17:05:02 link

As I see it, if you're just docking then the origin is at the upper-left corner of the window you are docking to. In the case of a desktop window on a multimonitor system, logically that would excluding the necessary adjustment to move the origin back to the start of the primary monitor. (unless the desktop was magical, but then you might as well call it "on bottom") I'm just being picky tho. :P

IMO floating/ontop is a really lousy way to control z-order between modules. What if you want to layer three modules? I suppose two levels is usually enough though, it just seems strange to me. :/

The ^@#$%^ stuff in RabidVWM is really nasty, I've been meaning to change that over to something more sensible for a while, just haven't gotten around to it. :/ But still, they don't interfere with simpler settings. You can use them to switch desktops on clicks, but there's still the simpler setting that doesn't require that icky stuff.

So I guess what I'd suggest is to keep onbottom and allow floating/ontop with docking as well. In fact, I might start doing that. :)

mmm, dead horse burgers...