Posted by member 31 on 2003-10-01 16:30:50 link

How does the terminology break multi-monitor systems? :) That is all I was talking about, not implementation (which I don't see a difference for either).

In any case, I tend to try to give the most options and if that means making it slightly less intuitive... well we are using text configuration files, so hopefully a term change isn't too complicated for people. Heh, I look at peoples use of RabidVWM and am completely confused with all of that special symbol stuff :P So, I'm not too sure I'll go along with your simple, intuitive term argument. heh.

But that isn't my point. What I like to allow is a floating/ontop option seperate from the docking option.

But that isn't possible using the term AlwaysOnBottom, and the term AlwaysOnTop. Because that would make it confusing, even though with how things are implemented, it is completely valid. When docked to the desktop or something else, one should still be able to control the floating/ontop state. This allows placing one module's window under another, without having them fight for zorder.

Ok, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. So, I'll quit before it starts to stink. :) No worries RabidCow, its all good, and I doubt I'll have my way. Tradition is tough to fight, especially when I'm not controlling things anymore. :)