Posted by member 99 on 2003-09-08 02:46:40 link

Hm, that wasn't quite the "interest" I was hoping for... :P Popup2 is extremely complex and should be more modular IMO. For me to write a similar module that I would be happy with would be a major undertaking, and might not be possible to do really well until LS reaches 0.25. (I would split it into display modules and list source modules.)

I might be able to write a very simple module (with no directory reading or anything fancy like that), but it would be a while (I'm not as busy as I like to think I am, but I still have a lot to do...). OTOH, something like that might be good experience for an aspiring module coder, with some of the details of HRGNs already solved. ;)

Someone more ambitious could try patching it into a modified version of popup2, but while this can handle any number of entries, it gets ugly with more than about 12. The whole concept breaks down with too many entries at each level anyway, so some of the automated fills might be a bit of a problem. :/ You could go to multiple concentric rings, but I think that's a suboptimal solution.

I should probably just post the code somewhere with a license stating "have at it!"