Posted by member 37809 on 2003-09-07 09:22:29 link

For animated rotations you would need some cos and sin functions for say, orb-shaped entries (unless you try lsdynamic, but its scripts are static i believe and wouldn't fit in my scheme), but don't rotations defeat the purpose of at least hierarchical pie menus?

Not that I know much about circular menus; I've only ever used the RadialContext Mozilla extension twice; those were short-lived because it just felt too weird :)

I've wondered about this but never tried it.. I thought of using labels as entries inside a donut-shaped lsbox and using precalculated mzscripts (for positioning only certain numbers of entries). But the labels would only be iconic images and have no text.

I guess shortcuts could work for the entries though.. the labels would be the enter+leave trigger for submenus (do math on the entry and exit point to determine if cursor is going in the direction of the entry from the center)..

There could be other possibilities with shortcut3 (alpha-pngs?) and skinbox which I'm not aware of...