little lost LSHideExplorer.dll Thread last updated on 2003-05-18 19:15:48

Posted by member 1549 on 2003-05-17 19:58:20

I have heard about this neat little module that can allow Litestep to run on top of explorer without any trouble, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (although I'm no LS guru by far.) all my searches on all the pages I've visited have come up with nothing, or references without links. Does anyone know where I can find this one?

Posted by member 1 on 2003-05-17 20:05:21 link

I found it on SFO in like 5 seconds...

Posted by member 1549 on 2003-05-17 20:13:05 link

wow. thanks that was helpful. You guys are all asses here. This site used to be so friendly, and helpful. It made people want to use litestep, and want to be part of the community. Now it does does almost exactly the opposite as soon as someone actually has contact with any of the users. I see a few of the old names, and they're still the same as they used to be. It's a shame things have fallen as far as they have.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-05-17 20:19:08 link

Give a guy a link and get sworn at. How pleasant. Maybe next time he will look at one of the two sites he should have looked instead of wandering the net aimlessly.

Posted by member 186 on 2003-05-17 23:40:07 link

i hate to say it, but it is kinda easy to find. the links section has links to the two module-bearing archives, shellfront and loose-screws. i think http://www.litestep.info and litestep.com both have links to module archives. and even "http://www.google.com/search?q=lshideexplorer" brings up shellfront's archive as the first hit. the LS community is kinda "try to do it yourself first, then ask and expect a quick answer"

Posted by member 7 on 2003-05-18 03:49:37 link

You can even ask google for "lshideexplorer" and get multiple working links in no time...

Posted by member 1549 on 2003-05-18 13:30:09 link

yes, I know I over reacted to this one, it's more about the tone of the answer, and seeing nothing but attitude since I came back to Litestep.net I've never reacted like this online before, but some of this "community" is just so dissappointing/frustrating compared to what I remember. there were no smartass responses, or rude comments about themes, or callling noobs morons on the old site, but I see all that here. It makes me sad.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-05-18 13:38:02 link

A different level of LS user was around back then. Back then if you called a LS newb a moron the next day your computer didn't work. Now with LS coming to the masses you get stupid stuff like this. As for my response...well...if you don't check the major sites or do a google search...you deserve the attitude.

Posted by member 1549 on 2003-05-18 19:06:54 link

just a comment like "...you deserve the attitude" shows exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. The idea that people were polite because they feared the retribution of hackers is ridiculous. People were polite because this was a community where people seemed to respect each other. It obviously isn't now.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-05-18 19:15:48 link

How can one respect someone that can't even go to google?