Ugly Themes? Thread last updated on 2003-05-18 23:49:06

Posted by member 249 on 2003-05-04 09:44:06

Is it just my imagination, or do the OTS themes that get posted nowadays not measure up to the old themes that appeared on the old beloved litestep.net and litestep.com sites? It seems like a lot of the old graphic talent has exited and gone to places like Talisman...
BTW, I am unable to draw even a stick man myself...

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-05-04 10:32:43 link

i guess people are getting lazy :(
but then again ls is gaining many new members nowadays who don't know much about graphics (like me). so they just try making their own little themes and when something viewable pops out they publish it right away. there are very good themes, but you have to do more work now to find them.

and of course there's an old saying: beauty is in the eyes of the looker ;)

Posted by member 20312 on 2003-05-04 13:07:00 link

well i started using litestep about a month ago,
i have very little graphic telent but as far as
modding themes go I'm pretty good, working on a
systronic mod right now, couple of things i dont
like and a couple of things that dont fit because
of my resolution.

Posted by member 186 on 2003-05-04 16:04:43 link

i think it's just a lack of graphical talent in the ls community. I seem to like 0080FF (electric blue) on black, need i say more?

Posted by member 3728 on 2003-05-07 21:39:38 link

At one time listep was thriving, themes were incredible, people were making on average about 10 a day, really good themes, OTS has nothing to do with it, believe me.

I dont think litestep.net realized how much of a following they had. I look back on it now, and I wish to god I would have bought Litestep.net when it truly and incredible website.

Now its starting almost 2 years latter it seems, and the magic is simply gone, it was just to long of a wait for litestep.net to come back with this really crappy site.

I had ideas of offering $500.00 cash to the best theme designer every month.

Also ideas of a very small amount of money for every theme downloaded, for the designers once they reached that status, im talking about a buck to 5 buck based on the work and detail of a theme.

I just hate myself for not making more of an attempt, I might have paid for the litestep.net at that time about 5 thousand dollars, now I wouldnt give him a nickel.

coalxman
http://www.combatexpert.com

Posted by member 1 on 2003-05-07 23:46:21 link

LSnet has not been sold for years...it has just had changes in management.

Posted by member 5669 on 2003-05-09 12:45:48 link

ROFL TALISMAN.... have you ever seen a talisman theme? i've yet to see one that doesn't make my stomach turn from the hideousness.

Posted by member 5669 on 2003-05-09 12:47:03 link

oh yea and making cash prizes available for themes is the worst idea i've ever heard.

Posted by member 94 on 2003-05-09 13:46:56 link

I agree with mojomonkee. Prizes for themes is something that this community have to avoid at all costs. That's a thing that's just the oposite of all the concept which pathed the way Litestep cross from it's creation until now.
Go find some better thing to spend your money. There's a lot of hungry people in the world...

Posted by member 249 on 2003-05-10 22:14:56 link

mojomonkee --- take some Pepto Bismol for that acid reflux. After your stomach calms down, go to lighttek.com and look at the Talisman themes by Bob Starck-Higgins. A couple of years ago I tried to persuade him to do some themes for LiteStep, but the LiteStep scene was getting ready to implode upon itself and ultimately I couldn't get him to try his hand at it.

Posted by member 6021 on 2003-05-18 22:14:29 link

Coalxman, are you kidding me? You're really comming across as a spoiled little rich kid.

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-05-18 23:49:06 link

I just looked at Bob Starck-Higgens collection. I accept that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but his themes don't grab me. Not like some of the themes I've seen here. I don't think Timaleon is looking hard enough. This site doesn't advertise the most popular themes so you have to look for the really good ones.

Whilst Bob has used some nice graphics I would argue that 90% of the themes on this site are more practicle and encorporate better design principles than his. I'm judging this purely from the screenshots. LS theme creators should give themselves a pat on the back.

Take a look at this thread for some peoples opinions of which themes they think are best http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=2&id=174.