Taskbar minimized customization Thread last updated on 2003-04-27 13:25:59

Posted by member 21413 on 2003-04-25 16:05:06

Hi, wanted to know if there is a way to customize the minimized state on taskbar. I'm using tasks 0.92 by jugg because of this. I think that you can do this with taskbar3 also but not sure if it has been implemented on taskbar.dll

And the other question related: the setting:
TaskbarWidth $resolutionx-SystrayCurrentWidth$
which I saw on another thread http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=3&id=659 is to use it with taskbar3 and systray2 rigth?. Can this be used with tasks or taskbar? I believe not.

Thanks in advance,
Mguel

Posted by member 94 on 2003-04-25 16:21:14 link

1- If you read the docs for the Taskbar3 you'll find that you can customize it the way you want.
2- I think it's just for Taskar3 and Systray2.
I'm using taskbar3 and systray2 together and they're working fine with no problems.
Check this out -
http://www.litestep.net/upload/profiles/Trespasser-Al-251.png

Posted by member 21413 on 2003-04-25 20:17:45 link

Thanks...

> If you read the docs for the Taskbar3 you'll
>find that you can customize it the way you want
Yep, I have read them, but didn't tested it; that's why I wrote that "I think" and not stated it straight away.

Just finished customizing my theme with taskbar3 with autoresizing according to systray2's width (using the tips of the thread linked above) and it's really something giving a lot more "pro" feeling to the theme.

But now I realized that taskbar3 doesn't have an equivalent to the !TasksMinimize (Maximize/Restore) bang :( which I use a lot with a hotkey (Win D, the same as with explorer), I even have an shortcut next to the tasks for minimizing/restoring all windows with a simgle clic, which is very useful... On the other hand with tasks I can't resize it according to systray's width so I'll have to give some things to obtain others... ;)

Best regards,
Mguel

Posted by member 1 on 2003-04-25 21:12:41 link

that is part of the LS Core and not the task module.

!RestoreWindows
!MinimizeWindows

Posted by member 99 on 2003-04-25 23:24:18 link

If you read the entire thread for 2, you'll find a method that works with systray2 and any module that will let you set the width via a bang command. (specifically label)

Posted by member 21413 on 2003-04-25 23:42:37 link

>!RestoreWindows
>!MinimizeWindows

Great :D, thanks, I used to use the bang from tasks... so I looked on taskbar3... so I thought it wasn't there after looking on the taskbar3 readme and on the lscp bang list (I overlooked it there).

>If you read the entire thread for 2, you'll
>find a method that works with systray2 and
>any module

I read it at least twice (if not I wouldn't initialize the systraycurrentwidth)... but for english probs or the fact that I have never used label... didn't understand too much, I don't know scripting neither so all the div04 and stuff looks like chinesse to me. Besides I try to have LS as simple, small, fast, and with the fewer modules loaded as posible. (I'll give it a third try though ;)

Thanks for the replys,
Mguel

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-26 07:40:42 link

When playing with the last taskbar3, keep the old taskbar3 (.304) help files near your hands... it could be helpfull when some rc settings don't work

Posted by member 21413 on 2003-04-26 11:28:37 link

ok... thanks

Posted by member 21413 on 2003-04-26 19:53:45 link

Yep, Smurth, the settings on taskbar3.txt (from old version) explains more clearer some settings, thanks.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-27 13:25:59 link

Syntax in some rc settings have change, according to the docs, between last version of taskbar3 and previous. But I think it's just typo errors.
Example:
TaskbarFontSize mentionned in the help file don't work. You should use TaskbarFontHeight