Hanging Apps Thread last updated on 2003-04-22 16:03:44

Posted by member 5597 on 2003-04-22 15:44:16

I apologize if this has been answered before, or is blatently obvious in some read me (I tend to pick on the stuff hidden in the corner easier than the stuff right in front of me.)

I just switched to Win2k, and had a problem simular to this on my old Win98 machine. Sometimes apps (including explorer) hang up on me, and won't respond unless I click once on the desktop (in fact I thought they had crashed until I figured out clicking fixed it a couple of days ago.) On my Win98 machine, the app (which I hit a shortcut for) wouldn't launch until I clicked the desktop. This seems to happen regularly, but not consistantly.

On my Win2k machine this didn't appear to happen until after I installed the newest indie build, but I'm not 100% positive.

Am I doing something wrong? While it seems unrelated, the system has begun to slow as the HD has filled up and it may need a defragging. My Win98 machine, embaressingly, probably was defragged once in well, the last 3 years.

Anyone have this problem before? Am I an idiot?

Posted by member 1 on 2003-04-22 16:03:44 link

load your desktop module first and then start messing with your LoadModule order. This usually clears it up.