Regaining use of Left/Right mouse buttons Thread last updated on 2008-10-31 17:17:06

Posted by member 416889 on 2008-10-30 12:16:08

Hi,
I am a first time user and I have just installed LS on my machine. But for the life of me I cannot find any settings that will make my Left/Right mouse buttons behave like they would normally if LS was not installed.
I want to be able to right click and get the normal context menu to paste, copy, delete....etc
I want to use the left click to highlight and drag (without copying).

If anyone can give me some tips on how I can accomplish this I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Posted by member 31 on 2008-10-30 19:42:28 link

what behavior do they currently have that is not desirable?

Posted by member 416889 on 2008-10-31 12:30:52 link

When I drag a file anywhere without going into the explorer it tells me that the file is already there and it cannot copy over it.
I would like to right click on the file and get the normal context menu since I use the "open with", "Archive file" and "extract here" options fairly frequently.
Also is there a way to integrate winrar with the shell? Double clicking a zip file does not do anything, and without the context menu I have to actually fire up winrar then choose "open" everytime I want to extract a zip/rar archive.

Posted by member 1 on 2008-10-31 17:17:06 link

File associations are handled by Windows and aren't part of the shell. But the rest of what you have going on there still didn't make sense. Are you trying to drag files off your desktop? Are you trying to drag files from the popup? Are you just having problems working within the explorer file manager? Where are you expecting a context menu and not getting it?