Help with obsidian theme Thread last updated on 2008-07-27 21:26:57

Posted by member 409670 on 2008-07-21 21:02:28

I installed litestep with omars and did the patch then tried installing Obsidian and another theme and everytime i begin installing one of the themes is asks if i want to cobvert back to the normal theme if i click no i can finnish downloading all the modules and install it but then none of them load right. The taskbar half loads with large white spaces or cut halfway though. The obsidian theme makes its countdown noises and says initalizing on the bottom right and then it fails to finish loading the taskbar. This happens with all but the default theme. I read all the stickys and someone had a simmilar problem duce fixed but when i go into the popup menu i dont have the thing he is looking for under change theme. Im using vista btw. Thanks for reading and anyhelp.

Posted by member 31 on 2008-07-22 10:30:01 link

Vista is not supported at this time. Some people have been able to get limited functionality working under Vista, however, your mileage may very.

Please be sure to list every theme you have tried that fails. From the sounds of it you tried two different themes, then made the assertion "all but the default theme" fails. I would expect that is not truly the case.

Posted by member 409670 on 2008-07-22 16:12:02 link

I have tried about 5 others but i deleted them when they didn't work I didn't feel like writing down a whole list. I really don't like the other themes and won't be using lite step with them if i cant get obsidian to work I'll be sticking with vista thank you for your help.

Posted by member 1 on 2008-07-22 19:10:15 link

Before you give up entirely I would at least try and work with Immortal. He and I have our differences of opinion on some things but he is always willing to help people out. He might at least be able to get you moving in the right direction to getting things to work. I can tell you that the option to revert to the previous theme is a standard box that comes up and isn't anything to be alarmed about. However, it sounds like you might have at least one module that is failing to work in Vista that you might be able to work around.

Posted by member 1949 on 2008-07-23 22:31:51 link

I would say Obsidian is seriously broken in vista.
When the issues with the core are resolved in Vista I will update it.

Unfortunatly I have not had LS running in a long time.
I have vista installed on new machines and old pc's are just that, old and sold!

Really missing my LS experiance!
Never lost faith in it and hope things get resolved soon...

If jugg needs help testing for Vista I am always here to help.

Posted by member 1949 on 2008-07-24 20:46:22 link

Update:

Installed Losi and setup a few themes besides tray updates and missing icons I can run LS!
Noticed many modules do not like vista.

Obsidian needs to be updated to use xpaintclass.

Posted by member 409670 on 2008-07-27 02:20:25 link

Well thanks for trying could you email me if it ever works on vista?

Posted by member 1949 on 2008-07-27 21:26:57 link

absolutely...