Auto Stretch over taskbar, pop back on mouse over Thread last updated on 2008-05-10 11:35:00

Posted by member 396031 on 2008-05-09 11:08:14

Hello, I have been using litestep for a while now, mainly with the austerity base theme with a few of my own tweaks.

What I would like to know is if there is a way for maximised windows to do a gradual stretch over the taskbar (which in my config is at the bottom), say over 5 seconds or so after 3 minutes of task bar inactivity. This would then pop back if I moved the mouse cursor to a certain point (such as bottom right corner). This would free up valuable screen real estate while keeping the same functionality of a taskbar which I like.

Of course it would be preferable that global hot keys did not trigger the task bar pop back, but this would not be the end of the world.

Obviously the gradual stretch is a form over function thing which I could live without.

Any thoughts?

Posted by member 360399 on 2008-05-09 22:10:34 link

You can use the xmodules' OnLeave event or a hotspot to start a timer (timer-0.5, lua), then the timer can use !jDeskSetWorkArea (with jDesk as desktop) to change the desktop size. And if you need more, your timer can start a new timer and ...

Don't forget to stop the timer and !jDeskResetWorkArea every OnEnter event!

Posted by member 396031 on 2008-05-10 11:35:00 link

Thank you for the info! I am a bit new to all this so a little more in depth explanation would be good. I would fiddle with it myself but I have exams currently and so can't put the time in. I am using jdesk, so that is a good start....