Very new - creates problems for my digital camera Thread last updated on 2008-03-23 21:24:39

Posted by member 393379 on 2008-03-23 03:20:58

I'm a new litestep user. I really like it, so far it's been good to me. However when I plug my digital camera in, the canon camera window never pops up. In the explorer shell the window pops up once the camera is connected, in litestep it does not. This is a problem for me because I take a fair number of photographs, and I can't be bothered to change my shell whenever I want to download my photos.
Can anyone help me with this?

Posted by member 1 on 2008-03-23 10:18:06 link

You mean the autorun window doesn't pop up? If that is the case there is a module out there for that...can't remember the name of it though. If it is actually just a canon app...have you tried running it manually? And you know that normally you can just go into explorer and your camera will just appear as a drive and you can copy stuff out manually right?

Posted by member 393379 on 2008-03-23 13:16:13 link

Well normally the little window pops up and gives you a few options about downloading photos, and then opens the application that lets you browse through them. You can normally open it through the start menu as well, but when I'm using litestep a little camera icon appears then disappears in the system tray.
I know that you can open it from the drive, and copy the photos out that way. The problem is that using the application (Zoom Browser) automatically makes dated folders and labels the photos in a organized manner. It's just way easier to use the application.
Do you know how I would look for that module, out there?

Posted by member 31 on 2008-03-23 15:43:31 link

what version of litestep are you running? Also, does searching google for: litestep autorun help you?

Posted by member 393379 on 2008-03-23 21:24:39 link

I'm not sure, where would it say? I searched and got an autorun module http://ls-universe.info/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?8889.post=
I'm not sure how to install it though. It has a readme, but it's the same as with most instructions, they assume a certain understanding of litestep. Like I said, I'm very new to this.
Where is it supposed to go in the step.rc file? In the if or the else? And what is the format for writing paths?