bbhook..... Thread last updated on 2003-04-11 06:06:46

Posted by member 2531 on 2003-04-09 14:07:51

is there any LS module like that? I've used LS off and on now for about 2 years and tried blackbox....loved the styles/themes/look but it proved to be a bit unstable on my win98se....so I switched back to LS and was wondering if there was any modules like that (if I remember correct it let you resize almost the entire window I think even the titlebar)?

Posted by member 503 on 2003-04-09 17:36:29 link

For those of us that haven't played with bb4win in awhile, what does bbhook do?

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-09 17:37:41 link

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean... Do you mean to control the size of all open windows? Try to get wndman.dll from http://loose-screws.com and see if that does what you want, or try to be a bit more specific.

Posted by member 2531 on 2003-04-09 20:30:05 link

I will be more specific next time ... I think that wndman.dll might be want I want....thanks and Maduin here are 2 excerpts on what bbhook does from the readme with it "BBHook is a Blackbox for Windows plugin that provides Blackbox for Windows type window functionality (scrolling and workspace placement)." and " how to use BBHook...

Left clicking anywhere on the window border raises the window, dragging moves the window, and dragging the resize grips will resize the window (ie. the "normal" behaviour).

Mid clicking the titlebar of a window minimizes it.

Double (left) clicking the titlebar of a window will "shade" it -> only the titlebar will stay visible. Another double click will redisplay the window contents ("unshade" the window).

If you happen to have a mouse with more than three buttons (again!), X1 clicking the titlebar of a window will move it one workspace to the right, and X2 clicking one workspace to the left (please note that this does not work on all windows, e.g. Explorer (what a surprise eh? )).

The maximize button on the window can be used in three different ways: Left clicking it toggles the window between maximized and normal view, right clicking it maximizes the window only horizontally, and mid clicking it maximizes the window only vertically."

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-10 02:52:03 link

LS don't really have any modules with those kinds of features, though you can always use wndman + hotkeys (or gestures). Even easymove.dll might help you along, the latest easymove (beta, not released yet) has got resizing in it.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-04-10 02:58:40 link

Sounds more like a WindowBlinds modification.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-04-10 03:13:14 link

isn't it a stripped down ShellWM?

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-11 03:47:14 link

shellWM could do a lot of this, too, yes. I guess we'll just have to wait for shellwm.dll :)

Posted by member 7 on 2003-04-11 06:06:46 link

what i meant was, didn't ironhead just take the shellwm code and put it in bbhook.dll?