Hey guys, I'm new here, and I have a few questions concerning compatibilty with 64bit vista Thread last updated on 2008-02-13 23:11:41

Posted by member 396386 on 2008-02-07 15:33:29

The first and foremost question is, of course, is Litestep compatible with 64bit Vista? Also should I install the drivers for my hardware first or is it better to install Litestep first? Litestep really looks cool and I hope it works :)

Posted by member 31 on 2008-02-07 19:57:29 link

Vista (32 or 64bit) currently is not supported. The next release should have support for Vista.

There is no benefit to driver installation in installing LiteStep prior to installing your drivers.

Posted by member 378340 on 2008-02-13 23:11:03 link

officially, vista is not supported, however, you can try it as there are many threads about it. not sure about 64-bit...

drivers don't really matter, although some depend on the explorer shell to work. haven't tried it myself though.

the simplest way to try it would be to install install it, then setshell back to explorer. when you want to try it, terminate explorer (with task manager), then click Flie, Run. navigate to your litestep directory (default C:\litestep), and run litestep.exe. report any errors you get here.

to go back to normal, restart your computer (you used setshell first, remember). it should load the normal explorer shell. if not, Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get to the task manager, then terminate litestep.exe. then, click file, run and type "Explorer". then, you should have a setshell shortcut on your desktop. if not, navigate to your litestep directory, and click setshell.exe

i think thats all correct...
is setshell the best way to install without changing system settings?

hope it works,
crazy2be