locked my multimonitor thread? Thread last updated on 2008-02-14 12:01:47

Posted by member 394965 on 2008-02-01 23:27:30

Ok i will try not to be angry but you closed down my thread for no reason... i looked around and everything. people say that people who create the themes don't have multiple monitors so they don't set it up to have them. i understand that. I searched and people complain about it but i didn't find anyone actually say anything about FIXING IT!!! someone mentioned rabidVWM ok wth is that and how do i make a theme use it... and how does that fix my issue. someone else said change the space and how the monitors are like positioned but i got no idea how to do that. I used to use BBlean which was pretty easy to figure out. Litestep is in no way easy to figure out. The point of forums is to get help. so why did you lock my thread? especially without even leaving a post at least calling me silly and go use the search function... which as i said i had done.

Posted by member 212670 on 2008-02-02 01:36:47 link

I think it might have been because you spelled "litestep" as "lightstep" towards the end of your post. :D

As for the problem, I can't help, sorry.

Posted by member 32550 on 2008-02-02 03:44:29 link

MultiMonitor is supported by the recent xModules (xDesk-1.0, xLabel-4.1.5, xTaskbar-2.1, xTray.2.0.2, ... -> http://www.ls-universe.info) in combination with xPaintClass-1.0.

But this is only helpful, if you use a new theme or want to create your own. Simply because converting an old theme is probably much work.

Look in the docs for the normal positioning code (...x, ...y, ...Width, ...Height).

Sets the horizontal position of the label in pixels.
If the value is positive then it is relative to the left of the Desktop/ParentLabel, if negative then to the right. You can make the position relative to the center of the Desktop/ParentLabel by appending the character 'c' after the number ("32c", "-128c") or use "Real Negative Values" by adding a '~' before the number ("~10"). Additionally you can use percent values of the Desktop/ParentLabel ("50%", "75%") and you can combine those percent values with further positioning ("20%-20", "80%+5", "100%+20").
MultiMonitor:
You can position the Label on MultiMonitor Systems with:

1@ = Relative to Primary Monitor
2@ = Relative to Secondary Monitor
3@ = Relative to Third Monitor (untested)
v@ = Relative to VirtualScreen (all Monitors combined)

Examples:
testlabelx ~5 is 5 Pixel LEFT from the LEFT SIDE ( Just as info, this isn't on the screen anymore ;) )
testlabelx -5 is 5 Pixel LEFT from the RIGHT SIDE
testlabelx 1@-5 is 5 Pixel LEFT from the RIGHT SIDE of the Primary Monitor

Posted by member 394965 on 2008-02-02 23:45:49 link

Now there is some real help... and i spelt it lightstep? dang i musta been really tired.. >.> anyways i do thank you for the help i'll see what i can do i guess otherwise i'll have to look for a different theme less there is a good linuxy one someone knows of that does dual monitors? otherwise until i actually figure out litestep i may have to just move on for now if i can't figure it out...

Posted by member 1949 on 2008-02-05 10:46:05 link

Try this theme to see if it helps with multi mon setup.
Maybe you can see how I did it.

http://www.nbi-studio.com/download.php?view.48

Posted by member 378340 on 2008-02-13 23:18:32 link

any way to use the search function?
someone said something about that somewhere...
how did you use it, Tarytheil?

Posted by member 256241 on 2008-02-14 12:01:47 link

The search on the screen with all the sub forums doesn't work, but you can search each individual sub forum with the search button at the top...