lsbox.dll + !hook Thread last updated on 2003-04-09 13:03:19

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-08 05:58:34

I'm looking for a complete list of modules that support the *Modulehook ![module]lsboxhook command.

The readme states that "currently only tasks, rabidvwm and lsxcommand supports it" (if I remember correctly), but I know that also taskbar3 and systray2 does. I haven't seen the documentation for systray2 explicitly saying so, except that it might be in changes.txt, and it would be really helpful with some sort of complete list, in lack of 100% updated readmes.

I find myself discovering these things while checking out other themes' step.rc's, but again, a reference would be nice.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-08 09:24:44 link

Systray2 is always under developpement. That's why you won't find all settings in the help file. For every Litestep core modules, reading the changes.txt is hightly recommended...
For others modules, generaly, it is mentionned in the doc that it can be hook to a box.
Currently, you can put almost everything in a box. If there's no !*lsboxhook, try using *wharfmodule. But some modules still doesn't work right... even when they're supposed to be hook.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-04-08 10:28:11 link

label has !hook support, and xprop 1.26 has it (/plug)
somewhere in changes.txt it says that all systray2kad features were merged into systray2, and the !hook !bang was part of systray2kad.

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-09 05:33:58 link

Smurth, I know that I can put almost all modules into a box, I was quite specific about the modules that contains !hook features.

I also know that several modules DO support it, I was just asking for a list of referances, partly because some modules have ![modname]hook while others have ![modname]boxhook and maybe there are others.. anyways, it looks like theres no more modules than the ones I knew of.

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-09 13:03:19 link

Maybe it'd be more useful with a list of modules that won't load in a box in any way...

I guess I'll just have read every other changes.txt out there ;)