Select Icon in VTray? Thread last updated on 2007-11-04 13:21:39

Posted by member 71746 on 2007-11-03 18:44:54

Hi, I've been out of the LiteStep scene for a few years now and just went to re-install one of my old themes, Intuition (probably still in the themes database - it was based on the Slick series around winter 03/04).

As expected there were a few wrinkles that needed to be ironed out when loading it into the updated LiteStep but it was all easy stuff to sort out.

I'd like to add a bit of function to the theme now, and I'm not quite sure the best way to do it as I haven't been keeping up with module updates.

The theme features a 'mini-tray' - basically I put this in so I could have an e-mail scanner and a tray icon for Trillian (IM client) visible all the time and hide the rest of the icons that clutter up my system tray, but be able to show the whole tray by hotspot- or click-trigger.

I did this by using Systray2 for the main system tray and VTray for the minitray since at the time, VTray had an option that let you scroll icons and I think I recall Systray2 didn't.

This basically means I just have to scroll the mini-tray through the icon selections until the Trillian icon pops up, then it's set for the remainder of that login (unless I recycle LiteStep).

I'd like to have VTray (or some more modern equivalent that still has the ability to scroll through icons using !bangs) automatically display Trillian as the visible icon.

If there's a way to make Trillian the first icon in the tray that would negate the need to scroll or automatically select it, so that would be a good way to do it too if anyone knows of any way to do that.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Posted by member 256241 on 2007-11-03 18:50:09 link

Well, I haven't really done anything with including/discluding things from the tray, but you really want to be looking in xTrays direction...

Posted by member 71746 on 2007-11-04 13:21:39 link

Thanks, I'll investigate! :)