Missing hook.lib Thread last updated on 2007-10-23 00:07:56

Posted by member 383256 on 2007-10-20 13:07:59

Ok I am new to programming and wanted to take a shot at building litestep for myself. I downloaded and installed vs c++ 2005 express. I got errors about no windows.h file, so I installed the Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2, got the folders linked properly, I think. No more complaints about windows.h. Got error about missing lsapi.lib, found a download for this. I am now getting an error for missing hook.lib as follows...

Build Log

Build started: Project: litestep, Configuration: Debug|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "c:\ls\litestep\Debug\RSP00003437441700.rsp" with contents
[
/OUT:".\Debug/litestep.exe" /INCREMENTAL /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:".\Debug\litestep.exe.intermediate.manifest" /NODEFAULTLIB /DELAYLOAD:"hook.dll" /DEBUG /PDB:".\Debug/litestep.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MACHINE:X86 ..\lsapi\debug\lsapi.lib ..\hook\debug\hook.lib delayimp.lib shlwapi.lib msvcrtd.lib msvcprtd.lib oldnames.lib kernel32.lib "..\hook\debug\hook.lib" "..\utility\debug\utility.lib" DelayImp.lib

".\debug\DataStore.obj"

".\debug\DDEService.obj"

".\debug\DDEStub.obj"

".\debug\DDEWorker.obj"

".\debug\HookManager.obj"

".\debug\litestep.obj"

".\debug\MessageManager.obj"

".\debug\Module.obj"

".\debug\ModuleManager.obj"

".\debug\RecoveryMenu.obj"

".\debug\StartupRunner.obj"

".\debug\TrayService.obj"

".\debug\litestep.res"

".\Debug\litestep.exe.embed.manifest.res"
]
Creating command line "link.exe @c:\ls\litestep\Debug\RSP00003437441700.rsp /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"

Output Window

Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\hook\debug\hook.lib'

Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\ls\litestep\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
litestep - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have searched the forums and google and the wiki, I found a list of needed lib files on the wiki but no link or explanation to where I could find them. So my question would be how do I find, make, write this/these and are the other library files at the top of the log/in the wiki likely to be missing also? I would appreciate any help you could give me on this. If I have overlooked something obvious I apologize.

Thanks

Mike

Posted by member 1 on 2007-10-20 16:31:38 link

You can get some really good help in #LSDev on the irc.freenode.net network.

Posted by member 31 on 2007-10-22 01:40:00 link

Are you building from CVS? If so, HEAD or the 024x branch? In anycase, go to http://www.lsdev.org for development support. And yah, jump on IRC, we'll walk you through it.

Posted by member 383256 on 2007-10-22 16:00:19 link

Ok after visiting the IRC and being directed to use the CVS, thanks to everyone on the IRC, also thanks to jugg for posting it here. I got no complaints about the missing hook.lib, instead I got missing libpng13.lib, but I found a link on google on compiling it. So now litestep compiles fine and I am currently running it, so again thanks to all for the advice.

Mike

Posted by member 31 on 2007-10-23 00:07:56 link

glad it worked out. You can also look at .\docs\build.txt in the source code for the necessary steps in building litestep.

Please be sure to let us know of any bugs you find in the code over at http://www.lsdev.org. Feel free to ping us with other questions.