Austerity + Shortcut2 to Shortcut3 Thread last updated on 2007-10-16 01:40:21

Posted by member 385545 on 2007-10-14 15:06:12

OK, decided to throw myself into the midst of updating a theme, so I decided to start with the Austerity theme from the Omar installer.

Afterwards, I downloaded the most recent versions of all the modules residing in LiteStep\modules, and modified the theme.rc in each theme folder to match the new module builds. I also went through each config file and updated several other .dll references that still pointed to the prior builds.

My biggest problem sofar is that my startmenu and quicklaunch icons (the ones to the right of the start menu) are no longer working. I know the syntax has changed from Shortcut2 to Shortcut3, but there are some areas where I'm lost. Searching on the net just gave me an old article which really doesn't explain more than the manual supplied with shortcut3 - It might as well be written in chinese.

Here is a code-snippet from "quicklaunch_icons.rc" from the Austerity theme:
*Shortcut "$SC1Name$" $IconsX$ $BarY$ icons\browser1.png icons\browser2.png icons\browser3.png #0O$SCFlag$ ["$SC1LClick$"]["$SC1RClick$"]

I recognize some of the Shortcut2 variables, like the normal-, hover- and clickstate images. Are $IconsX$ and $BarY$ the coordinates? The rest is pure gibberish. What is a group and what is a flag? I guess the last two parameters must be related to left- and rightclicking on the button which I believe points to following lines inside "themevars.rc":
SC1Name "browser/im"
SC1LClick "$Browser$"
SC1RClick "$IM$"

Now my question is: How on God's green earth, do I convert above code into a Shortcut3 valid argument? :D

Cheers!

Posted by member 31 on 2007-10-16 01:40:21 link

If you are going to stick with the shortcut module, v2.1 is actually the latest.

http://www.xdocs.ls-universe.info/pie.php?Shortcut2

In any case the shortcut3 readme is pretty well documented.

*shortcut3 normal $SC1Name$ $IconsX$ $BarY$ icons\browser1.png icons\browser2.png icons\browser3.png $SCFlag$

*shortcut3 left command $SC1LClick$
*shortcut3 right command $SC1RClick$

*shortcut3 ~$SC1Name$

or something like that...